Creating a Stripe Account to Accept Payments
In the next release we will add Stripe support for payments. It is for this reason that we explain in this article how to create an account to accept payments with Stripe. There are three simple steps to create an account with Stripe:
- Create an Account via the Stripe Sign-Up Page.
- Confirm your Email Address.
- Activate your Stripe Account.
Step 1: Create an Account via the Stripe Sign-up Page
Go to the Stripe signup page, fill in your email address and your desired password, then click Create your Stripe Account.
Step 2: Confirm Your Email Address
Stripe will send you an email after you sign up with a link to verify your email address. Click that link, and in the page that opens, enter the password you used to create your Stripe account. This will verify your email address and log you into Stripe.
Step 3: Activate Your Stripe Account
Now that your account has been created, it’s time to activate it. From Your Account, select Activate Account:
On the account activation page, fill in the requested details. Here are some tips to help you in filling out this form:
- Before you activate the account, determine who will be the Company Representative for the account. You will need to provide that person’s name, date of birth, and social security number for verification of their identity.
- Be sure to set the business type to Non-profit.
- You’ll need your organization’s legal name and EIN/Tax ID number.
- You’ll need the routing number and account number for the bank account where the donations should be deposited.
When you’ve finished filling out the form, click Activate Account. Stripe will review the submitted data internally and contact you if they have any questions, but your account becomes live right away.